I should probably mention why I have been reblogging so many posts about Chi Cheng.
He used to be the bassist for my favourite band, Deftones.
In 2008, Chi was in a car accident and went into a coma.
He passed away one year ago today at the age of 42.
I think it is important to honour his life, his talent, and his amazing contributions to the band.
Deftones posted a song from their unreleased album Eros, which was recorded right before the accident, today, in memory of Chi. If you are interested, you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPN2XVPxRoY
(It kind of made me cry.)
RIP Chi Cheng, 7/15/1970 - 4/13/2013
We miss you.
"When I was 17 I lived with Chi and Chino in a one bedroom apartment. With Chi I learned so much about life: cooking, reading, writing, playing music, drinking, drugs, hiking, camping, playing chess, playing pranks, grocery shopping, shaving, how to make fun of yourself, how to drive, how not to drive, how to talk to girls, how not to talk to girls. I did not learn how to clean anything. I’ve missed him for a long time and it’s a relief that he’s free. Maybe the most important thing I learned from him is not to take the people in my life for granted.
Much love to the Cheng clan, especially Gabriel.”
-Todd Wilkinson From Team Sleep.
"This is one of my favorite photos I took of Chi back in the early days of the Deftones" - Rick Kosick
peacelove-and-apcalculus said: When I was in third grade I saw a documentary about a lesbian and I was like, “I want to be a lesbian when I grow up; that would be so cool! Too bad I’m straight.” Well look what happened…
proof that if you wish hard enough things will come true. But my seven year old self is still subconsciously praying that Daphne from Scooby Doo will come out
The Most Beautiful Trees in the World
- Portland Japanese Garden, Portland, Oregon. Photo by unknown.
- Red maples trees path. Photo by Ildiko Neer.
- Most beautiful wisteria tree in the world. Photo by Brian Young.
- Yellow autumn in Central Park, New York. Photo by Christopher Schoenbohm.
- Amazing Angel Oak Tree, Charlston, Photo by Mark Requidan.
- Cherry blossom tree path, Germany. Photo by Shoeven.
- California in autumn. Photo by Mizzy Pacheco.
- Jacaranda trees in bloom, South Africa. Photo by Falke.
- Ponthus beech tree in Brocéliande forest, France. Photo by Christophe Kiciak.
- Beautiful cherry blossom road. Photo by unknown.